After the police have investigated the crime and laid charges, a prosecutor will present the case in court against the accused person.
The court process can be complicated. This section explains what happens when you go to court. There is information about:
- getting information about your court case
- what court summons and subpoenas are
- the different courts and types of hearings
- how to get ready for court
- giving your evidence
- Victim Impact Statements
- the court's decision
- applying for compensation and financial assistance.
Or you can watch the video for an overview of going to court.