The offender may make an appeal against being found guilty or against the penalty. Generally, they have 28 days from the date they were given the sentence to make an appeal.

Office of Public Prosecutions (External link) can also appeal against the penalty if they think that the penalty was not adequate for the crime or not legally correct.

You will be contacted by the Office of Public Prosecutions or the police informant if there is an appeal.

You may have to give evidence at the appeal.