If you are in danger now, call police on Triple Zero (000)
If you have been affected by crime, but have not yet reported it, police can help keep you safe.
Worried about your safety?
If you are not in immediate danger, but are worried about your safety you can:
- call the police officer in charge of your case
- contact the Victims of Crime Helpline on 1800 819 817.
If anyone is in immediate danger or a crime is currently occurring, please call police on Triple Zero (000). You can also go to your local police station (External link).
There are steps you can take to help protect yourself - find out how to apply for an intervention order or make a safety plan.
You can also learn more about ways you can help protect your safety:
- avoid contact with the offender
- apply for an intervention order
- make a safety plan
- find out how you can be protected if you need go to court as a witness
- protect yourself when you are online.
Crimes and safety
There are some crimes where people can be unsure if there is a problem or how much their safety could be at risk. You can learn more about how to deal with: