You might be called as a witness for the case. This means you will be asked questions in court.

If you are needed as a witness, you will be given a letter called a summons (in the Magistrates' Court) or a subpoena (in the County and Supreme Courts). It will tell you when and where the court case is going to be held. If you receive a summons or a subpoena, you must go to court to give evidence. Make sure you have a copy of your police statement to take with you. If you don't have a copy, ask the police investigator to get one.

If you don’t get a summons or a subpoena, you can decide if you want to go to court. If you want to go, tell the police informant as soon as possible. They can let you know when the case will start.

Read more about getting information about the court case.