People who witness a crime and family members of an injured person can also be considered as victims of the crime, because they can also suffer emotional distress.
It can be a difficult and confusing experience, but you don't have to deal with it alone.
Find out more about:
- the effects of crime
- types of crime
- how to report a crime
- reasons to report a crime
- how you can get help even if you are not ready to report a crime yet
- how to improve your safety
- services that can help you
- service standards you can expect from the police, Office of Public Prosecutions and victim support services