The Victims Register is a service that provides information to eligible victims (or their nominee) about an offender who is serving a sentence in prison.
Before completing the application form, please:
- read the Victims Register Information Guide to understand if you are eligible and the information that can be provided about offenders
- gather the information you will need to apply.
Please note when saving your draft application you will be asked to provide an email address and a password. An email will then be sent to you with the link to your draft application. If you do not receive the email, check your spam folder.
Information you may need to supply:
- your identification information (such as a current Australian Driving Licence, birth card or certificate, current passport)
- evidence of your relationship to a victim if you are applying as the next of kin, primary care giver or family member
- information about the offender and the offence.
If you wish to use a nominee to receive information from the Victims Register
Some people choose to have another person (a nominee) receive information for them from the Victims Register. Please complete the printable application form if you wish to include a nominee in your application. (Please note, if you are applying for more than one offender, you will need to complete a separate applications for each offender.)